Thursday, May 19, 2011

“Don't settle for hamburger when you're "FILET MIGNON”

Recently, my best friends Vicky and Mariko were visiting me on my houseboat, for an evening of girl fun…drinking a  few bottles of great wine and watching the sunset and kicking back and catching up with each other on the events of the past month.  But first let me give you a little background info on my gal pals.
Vicky is from South Georgia, where I’m from…she is recently divorced also like myself.  Vicky moved here to Lake Lanier in October of 2010 and we became fast friends.  She is the “Big Dog” in the company she’s been employed with for over 25 years.  Her divorce was unexpected as mine was…so when we get together we are usually checking on each other to see whose surviving the best.  I think we both are doing just fine!  I love you, Vicky…not so sure I could have made it without your friendship and shoulder to cry on when I needed it.  You’re the best!  Kisses to you, sister!
Mariko…well, is an amazing woman, let me just say that to start off with.  She has been a great friend to me over the past 3 years and it has been a damn pleasure knowing her.  Her entire family has been blessed with the ability to love others without expecting anything back and always have a kind word to everyone.  I love them all.  She has made me feel apart of their family since the first day I arrived here May, 2008.  Mariko is married to one of the greatest guys on the planet, they’ve been married for 29 years…Mike you’re the greatest..”and I’m not just saying that because you allow her to spend too much time with me, without a single complaint”..(I would be lost without her!)  I love you, Mariko, more than words can ever express.  Thanks for being my friend even when you had to dish it up to me straight…I have admired you and respected your opinion on more than 100 occasions.  I love you…Hugz forever and ever!
Let me also add…these women are amazingly beautiful on the outside and the inside.
Now…let’s get to what we all agreed upon.  Let me just warn you…the views and opinions of our conversation were impressed by the consumption of several bottles of wine…BUT…I feel that what I’m about to tell you is true…you be the judge and please feel free to comment.  We’re all in this Love Boat together and we are all trying to find our way.  Lol!!
Observation #1:  When we were in high school and college all the boys were dating around randomly, mainly with the girls who were having sex.   So, guys were always flitting from this flower to the next and not really making any kind of commitments.  So, in turn we were made to feel unimportant every time a guy broke up with us and went out with someone else.
Observation #2:  Guys in their 30’s had graduated college and were ready to settle down and have a family.  So now they were ready to make a commitment and buy a house, take a wife, have kids and a dog.
Observation #3:  When guys were reaching their 40’s they began to look back upon their youth and became uncomfortable with the way their life was turning out.  High mortgage, nagging wife, crazy teenagers and a biting dog!    So, the guys search for greener pastures and divorce their first wives and stake their claim upon being single again.  The only problem now is, there are few women to date their own age, so they date young women who have young children and loads of problems.  The sex is rockin’ again for them…they can love and leave em’ again like they did in their 20’s.   Oh!  They still have responsibilities but its only every other weekend.
Observation #4:  Now the guys are reaching their 50’s…most of their hair is gone…they’ve developed the 40 year old bulge…you know where their belly sticks out so far they can’t see their man parts without looking in a mirror.  Not to mention they are having erectile dysfunction, too!  High blood pressure and poor diet during their party time, trying to reclaim their lost youth.  These guys are now looking for a good woman to settle down with, because they are afraid of being alone and they are getting older so they want someone to help take care of them.  
The problem now is, that most of the women who were divorced in their 40’s have gone back and finished their education, because they were too busy raising children and taking care of a home.  These women have become independent and a force to be reckoned with and they really don’t need a man.  Sure you’ve heard “you need a man for sex”…wrong, ladies, you don’t…you just need to be directed to the nearest sex toy shop!  The items found there will never let you down and you can put your new friend in the nightstand…and forget it exists until you need it again!  Heck,  women make as much or more money than men do now.  We have become strong and now it’s our turn to name the terms of what we want out of life.  
I’ve made the observation that if you are a beautiful woman, healthy and fit, funny, charming, educated, financially secure and just damn comfortable in your own skin…you can have a date every night of the week if you want it, and you can choose who YOU want to go out with…you do not have to settle for hamburger…because BABY…you are filet mignon!

1 comment: