Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Getting prepared for the dating world! Single Again!!!

Hello, my name is Angela Cannon, and this is my first post and my first time blogging.  I felt that I needed to share my new experiences with the women who are in their 40's and find that they are starting all over again as a single person.

First let me say, divorce is difficult at any age, but to find yourself starting all over in your 40's is a little scary.  But fear not my fellow ladies...I am forging ahead in this wilderness and I will keep you informed, so log onto my blog and lets have some fun.

So, now I'm single again...wow...never saw it coming!  I always thought I would be happily married forever...WRONG!! 

I have to act responsibly, right!   So, I go to the local Rite Aid, I go over to the aisle where the condoms are displayed for all to see...(there is no privacy)...I'm looking up and down at the rows of the assorted condoms, there is such an assortment, I am completely confused as to what to purchase.  I'm looking and I see that the damn things come in sizes...sizes, I tell you!  No assortment pack!  Small, medium, large and extra large...and I can see that the store never sells the small packs of condoms because its row is completely full.  So, at this point I am sure every man on the planet only purchases the large or extra large...because he could not handle the humiliation of getting to the check out with a box of small condoms...**there would we an instant snicker from the cashier and you would immediately read her thoughts.."Poor little guy"!  Guys you gotta a tough purchase when you purchase these products, as for us women, we are at a complete loss.  So, there's this guy standing next to me looking at the shaving creams, (I know he's really waiting for me to move away from the condoms so he can make his purchase and escape the curious eyes of this woman who seems to be completely lost)  he smiles at me as I am still pondering and admiring the assortment of these multi sized condoms, and I know I need to purchase a pack, if I'm planning on having sex again.  I look over at him and say, "These damn things come in sizes!"  he smiled grabbed a pack of the extra large and said, "yes, they do", and walked away laughing at me...so, I yell, hey mister, "how do I know what size to buy, if I don't know his package size yet, I just want to be prepared!"  Needless to say the man dumps all his purchases and quickly exits Rite Aid, trying to escape the blonde lady waving a pack of condoms at him, leaving me standing alone wondering what the hell do I buy!  And then this nice young girl who works in the Pharmacy part of the store asks if she can help me!  I explain my dilemma, she begins to laugh and we search the condom aisle together.  If I buy small or medium, I might insult the guy, if I buy large or extra large then it looks as if I'm hopeful!  And then wouldn't my date feel inadequate if he couldn't fill up the large?  How do you win?   And if I purchase an assortment...my new date will think I'm a slut and that I'm prepared for anything...so, hell, all the signals I'm sending out just scream disaster!  We all hear the myths about look at a guys hands or feet, then you'll know, but like I said its only a myth.  So, what's a girl to do?  How can a lady in her 40's be prepared and spontaneous without looking stupid or slutty?

No comments:

Post a Comment